It is for the first time for Kannada language that such an application has been developed and released. Adding to that is the ability to use the app even on mobile phones that do not yet support Kannada fully.
The mobile app has a unique collection of articles which span across a variety of genres including but not limited to book reviews, recipes, podcasts and quotations. This Android application has been developed to enable seamless access to this content.
Using Sampada Kannada Android app you can follow and read Kannada book reviews, articles, podcasts and much more on the go.
Ver 1.0 has been released with a number of features:
* Ability to choose the encoding of the app. ASCII version (similar to Baraha/Nudi) supports Kannada on android phones that does not have Unicode compatibility. This means that you can read Kannada on this application even if your Android mobile phone does not natively support Kannada locale.
* Follow and read book reviews, new recipes and quotes posted on Sampada community.
* Listen to your favorite Sampada Shravya (podcasts) which include interviews with stalwarts of Kannada literature such as Poornachandra Tejasvi, Chandra Shekar Kambar, U.R.Ananthamurthy.
* You can read full transcripts of all the interviews.
* Ability to skip to the next question or a previous question easily while listening to the podcasts.
* Mark the articles you like as favorites.
* Refresh the feed in batch mode.
Note: The app works on handsets without Kannada Unicode support as well.
We request to all Kannada users to download and spread the word about this app! Support and encourage initiatives around Kannada on Android.